Could you write a ‘mini saga’? To celebrate my 100th blog post (yes, this is it!), I’m running a free-to-enter 100-word short story competition. Any theme or genre. Closing date is Tuesday 26th July 2011 (midnight) and look what you can win:
First prize: (hot off the press!) The Writers & Artists’ Yearbook 2012
(brand new!) Write to be Published
by Nicola Morgan
1. One entry per person.
2. Your entry must be in the English language.
3. Your entry must be your own original work and must not plagiarize.
4. Copyright remains with each writer.
5. Maximum 100 words (so you can submit less).
6. Your story’s title is in addition to the 100 words
7. Any theme but remember it’s supposed to be a story. No poems or rants, please!
8. Your story must not have won or been placed in another competition.
9. Judge’s / judges’ decisions are final. My friend Chris (who is currently in blissful ignorance of the fact!) will be judging an anonymous shortlist, when we are at Caerleon Writers’ Holiday next month.
10. Only open to UK residents, because of postage costs – sorry! (but I don’t have a job, remember!)
11. Please email your entry in the body of the email, NOT as an attachment, to email@example.com. By entering, you agree that your entry, or an extract, can be posted on this blog when the winners are announced.
12. Deadline for entries is midnight on Tuesday 26th July 2011, UK time.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them as a comment, so that everyone can see the response! Thanks – and good luck! (And apologies for the ‘higgeldy-piggeldy-ness’ of this post but even after 100 of the things, I clearly still don’t have complete control!)