Yes, it’s exactly a year since I ventured into the world of blogging with my first post on the fine art of ‘procrastination’ (still doing lots of that, I can confirm!).
So, to celebrate the fact – and to thank my 66 subscribers – I am running another little (‘Autumn’) mini-saga competition, this time with a photograph theme AND it’s for subscribers only.
The prize is: a £15 Amazon e-gift voucher, which will be zapped over to the winner by email, to choose his/her own prize. That saves time, postage and disappointment, if the book I’d chosen as first prize was something you didn’t like. Sooo, what’s not to like? Get writing!
Just remember that, if you want to enter but you’re not yet a subscriber, just click on the ‘sign me up’ button down there on the right and don’t forget to click on the confirmation email that should come through.
The very kind and lovely fragglehunter aka Sleepy G has given me permission to use his wonderful photograph below as your ‘prompt’. Thank goodness he said yes because otherwise I’d have been stumped: that was the only photo I wanted to use.
So, here’s what I’d like you to do:
Write a story – maximum 100 words (not including the title), inspired by the photograph on the left, of the two little girls playing in the Autumn sun.
1. Send your entry in the body of the email (not as an attachment), to: email@example.com
2. You can enter as many times as you like but you must be a subscriber of this blog.
3. Your entry must be your own original work and must not plagiarize.
4. Copyright remains with each writer.
5. Your story must be based on the photo above but you can interpret that any way you like. No poems or rants though! I’m looking for prose/fiction.
6. Maximum 100 words (so you can submit less).
7. Your story’s title is in addition to the 100 words
8. Your story must not have won or been placed in another competition.
9. Deadline for entries is midnight on 31st October 2011.
Good luck and I’m looking forward to reading them!